View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Friday, 18-Apr-2008 23:33
||Email | Share | Bookmark
For the pastry
250gm multipurpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
200gm butter/shortening( should be well-chilled)
120ml cold water
1. Mix well salt and water.
2. Sift flour. Place shortening on the flour, dice finely and mix in until the dough resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add salt water and knead to bind the dough.
4. Divide dough into two equal rolls. Wrap with cling film and chill for 30 mins to 1 hr.
5. On a floured surface, roll out 1 dough into a thin round pastry sheet 2.5cm larger than the pie mould.
6. Line the pie mould evenly with the pastry sheet. Cut out the excess pastry.
7. Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 c.
8. Fill in the chicken pie filling of your choice.
** Do not fill hot filling on to the pastry dough to avoid pastry base gets melt.
9. Roll out the remaining pastry dough until flat and thin.
10. Cut the pastry sheet into 1.5cm wide strips and and arrange the strips in a lattice (anyaman tikar) over the top of the pastry. Cut out excess dough and brush with beaten egg.
11. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg cel for 40 - 45 minutes or until pastry turns golden brown.
340 gm diced potatoes
1 big onion diced
50 gm mixed vegetable (or more if you like)- 2nd time I didn't put any cause Ika said: "no,no mix vege......."
Sliced canned mushrooms (amt up to you)
2 chicken breast diced
1 tbsp corn starch or potato starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp oyster sauce
sugar and salt to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Boil potatoes with a bit of salt till tender. Set aside.
2. In a clean wok, heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry the onion until transparent.
3. Add mixed vegetable, mushroom, chicken. Fry for a while to break up chicken.
4. Add oyster sauce or a chicken cube if you like. Add in a bit of water and cook for about 5 mins. Add in salt if necessary, sugar and pepper to taste.
5. Add boiled potatoes and stir well.
6. Lastly add in the cornstarch and stir to thicken mixture. Set aside for later use.
The recipe for pastry from Kak Rinn's and Zack's tips and tricks. Here is the tips I copy from Zack's fp.
TIPS for a delicious crust:
1. MAKE SURE you chill all the ingredients before using it. Chilling will prevent the fat pieces from dissolving into the flour. Bila butter nya cair, nanti kulit pie nye jadik keras
2. When mixing the butter into the flour, handle it as little as possible. I used to make the mistake of mixing the butter to much and end up kulit pie nye tak jadi rapuh instead keras gile2. Even kalau ketulan butter masih kelihatan, it's OK! That's what makes the pie crust crispy later on.
3. Masa campur butter and tepung tu, kalau agak2 butternya dah start cair, masukkan dlm fridge for a while then baru sambung balik gaul.
4. To make a crust yg lebih flaky, mula roll out the dough atas ke bwh supaya dia memanjang ( bukan membulat). Then lipat bhgn atas ke tgh, and bhgn bwh ke tgh jugak. Terbalikkan dough and roll ke atas& ke bwh lagi. Ulang proses melipat sekali lagi and wrap dlm palstic wrap. Simpan dlm fridge for 1 hour. **Peringatan: Proses ni dibuat lepas dough dah digaul & disimpan dlm fridge for at least 30mins**
5. And the most basic tip of all time bila buat pie:
MAKE IT COLD, BAKE IT HOT!
The ingredients for the dough should be chilled and so does the filling ( jgn plak isi inti die panas2..kang abes cair dough nye sebelum sempat bakar ) and bila bakar make sure the oven is preheated and guna suhu yg tinggi utk bakar.
Kita bakar pastri nie 2 kali...1st time for 20 mins and 2nd time for 45mins.
TO KAK RINN AND ZACK....
|The World is Like a Mirror
One day all the employees reached the office and they saw a big advice on the door on which it was written:
'Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away. We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym'.
In the beginning, they all got sad for the death of one of their colleagues, but after a while they started getting curious to know who was that man who hindered the growth of his colleagues and the company itself.
The excitement in the gym was such that security agents were ordered to control the crowd within the room.
The more people reached the coffin, the more the excitement heated up.
Everyone thought: 'Who is this guy who was hindering my progress?
Well, at least he died!'.
One by one the thrilled employees got closer to the coffin, and when they looked inside it they suddenly became speechless. They stood nearby the coffin, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul.
There was a mirror inside the coffin: everyone who looked inside it could see himself.
There was also a sign next to the mirror that said:
'There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth: it is YOU.
You are the only person who can revolutionize your life. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realization and your success.
You are the only person who can help yourself.
Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realise that you are the only one responsible for your life.
'The most important relationship you can have, is the one you have with yourself'
Examine yourself, watch yourself. Don't be afraid of difficulties, impossibilities and losses: be a winner, build yourself and your reality.
The world is like a mirror: it gives back to anyone the reflection of the thoughts in which one has strongly believed.
The world and your reality are like mirrors laying in a coffin, which show to any individual the death of his divine capability to imagine and create his happiness and his success.
It's the way YOU face Life that makes the difference
Have a nice day!